scarecrow poetics/essays

Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Travelling Poems...

The sunshine is looking at my eyes
There’s sound waging war on my ears
The sun is going down
The sound is getting louder
Home is getting further away
Home is becoming nearer
Those whom I love reside many miles away
She who I adore is no longer by my side

Can I have two sugars please ?
Sweeten the journey's blow

The trees are naked the bushes blush
A mechanical beast makes time
Like Withnail but not approaching London
The sound is gentle now
Only one guitar and one man's opinions
I thank Robert for his company
Though I would rather have her as well

Can I have two sugars please?
Not as sweet of whom I know


Someone likes my bag, the one I got for Free
I like it because it takes me through time
To the sorbonne and there are paintbrushes
Someone is pouring coffee for me
I don’t need to find the caffeine fix
Not the speed of sound
But the sound of speed that lulls a weary man
Reservations make reservoirs more beautiful

One more cup of coffee for the road
Too many bad for your heart I’m told

Stephen Monaghan © 2006.

Archives

March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   March 2007   September 2007   October 2007  

scarecrow home...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

BritLitBlogs.com